Craig Besnoy is a technology-focused attorney specializing in intellectual property, data privacy, and cybersecurity.
A substantial portion of Craig’s practice is focused on advising financial firms on the development of cybersecurity programs that meet compliance requirements.
Craig earned his B.S. in Accounting from the University of Alabama and his J.D. from the Benjamin Cardozo School of Law, where he specialized in Intellectual Property Law, which lends to his extensive understanding of the intersection of law and business. With broad expertise in both business and legal issues, he counsels clients across a variety of industries and internationally, including banking, finance, insurance, retail, education, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, media, e-commerce, and hospitality. He is licensed to practice in the state of New York.
Craig is also the creator of a cyber security compliance course and curriculum, which was accepted in the FINRA cybersecurity vendor directory for implementation by financial firms. He earned accreditation as a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP-US), from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
LICENSES & ADMISSIONS
- New York Bar (DATE)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP-US)
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Alabama (B.S.)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (2017)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), Certified Privacy Professional (2015)
- The Do’s & Don’ts of Designing Chatbot Conversations, Customer Think (2018)
- Six Core Competencies for a New Retail Bank, BAI Banking Strategies (2016)
- Mobile Architecture, Strategies Drive Opportunity, Credit Union Times (2014)